Pages

Wednesday 2 July 2014

1.84 Let's get married

Matt stopped the truck and got out and looked around.


He opened the other side to find Hazel was still asleep, he loved how she looked when she slept but he had to wake her to tell her they were here. 


When she finally got out and looked around she asked, “Where are we?”
“Somewhere peaceful and beautiful and somewhere your Mum isn’t.” Hazel smiled as Matt said, “Go inside and I’ll be there after I’ve got the bags.” 


Hazel went inside and looked around and when Matt walked in she asked, “What is this place?” He grabbed hold of Hazel and said, “I feel like you, I’ve had enough of people saying marry then, do this and do that, your mother was the last straw. I know it’s not much but I know we can get married here.” 


Hazel fell back on the sofa, “Our friends, your family won’t…” Matt sat beside her, “I know they won’t be here but we have each other and right now that’s all we need.”
“Kirsten is my best friend and…”


“I know and I have a confession,” Hazel looked intrigued as he went on, “When you were arguing with your Mum, I texted Kirsten before I came over to you. She doesn’t know where we are but said she’s put some things in my truck and if I was to look I’d be a dead man but she made me promise that she could throw an after wedding party for us.”
“Your parents don’t know?” Matt looked sad as he replied, “No but I know they will understand.” 


Hazel took the box that Matt had pointed to and took it in the bedroom. She came back out reading a letter, “Matt, it’s from Kirsten.” 
He listened as she read the letter,

Hay,
First off let me say wow you’re getting married so happy for you both but how dare you rob us of seeing the big day. I want to kill your Mum for this Hazel, anyway after I got the texted no girl especially my best friend should be getting married without a dress so I remembered the dress you liked when we were looking for me. I made Andy take me to get it, he wasn’t impressed. Also included Matt’s suit he wore to his uncle’s wedding.
Have a great time and we will celebrate when you get back
Love Kirsten and Andy
Xxx


Matt had a tear in his eye when he heard the letter being read, “Matt, she did that for us.” Hazel wrapped herself around him as she kissed him, “Haz, later because we need to change because we need to get the beach.”
“Beach?” Matt cupped her face and smiled at her, “Yes beach as that was where we had our first date. Well it's a meadow beach but still...” Hazel was about to cry when Matt wiped the tears away. He kissed her forehead and said, “Let’s get ready.”


Once Matt was ready he waited patiently for Hazel to come out the room when his phone went, “Dad, everything ok?”
“Son, I know you ran off to get married, I should be yelling but instead congratulations.” Matt was in shock, “How did you know?”


“Hazel’s Mum came and saw us. It turns out she has connections and when you registered to get married…well let’s just say she is on her way to stop you. When you get married, consummate your marriage or she will have it annulled.” 


Matt couldn’t believe what he was hearing, “How can she, we are old enough?”


“I know you are. I’m proud of you Mathew now go marry her before that wick woman gets there. She left 3 hours ago.” When Matt hung up the phone Hazel walked out looking beautiful, “You look amazing Hazel.” She did a twirl but saw the look in his eyes, “She knows where we are doesn’t she?”
Hazel looked at Matt and said, “That mother of mine can’t let me be happy and now we won’t have any pictures of our day.” 


Matt pulled her close, “We have 3 hours at best if she is traveling by car. Dad says she has annulment papers with her.”
“That’s it I’m 20 years old and she wants to control me, not anymore,” She grabbed Matt’s hand and said, “Let’s get married.”


The minster was waiting at the beach when they arrived and said, “Mathew and Hazel?” They nodded and took they place. 


They couldn’t have asked for a better day as the sun was shining but they felt like they were running out of time. As the minister read each one their vows it felt just then that time had stood still for them as they smiled happily at each other. 


When the minister said, “You may kiss the bride.” Matt happily obliged and kissed his bride. 





They had a few pictures taken but not many as they knew Hazel’s mum was on her way. 


When they arrived back at the house Matt carried her over the threshold to the bedroom. They spent the next hour making love. 


When they finally came up for air Hazel was still smiling as she said, “I can’t believe it, I’m your wife, Hazel Dark. It has a nice ring to it right?” He stroked her arm as he replied, “Yes it does, baby.” Suddenly there was a bang at the door, “She found us?” Matt put his trousers back on and Hazel grabbed his shirt, “Haz, what are you doing?”


“I’m going to answer her in your shirt.” He tried to stop her but Hazel got the door before he could. 


When she opened the door she stood there looking very happy, “Mum, can I help you?” Zoe stood there gobsmacked at her daughter while Matt came up behind Hazel and put his arms around her.


“Leave my daughter alone and remove your hands from that area.” Hazel firmly said, “Sorry he can’t do that…” 


Zoe barged her way in but Matt put his hands back around her, “Stop touching my daughter.”
“Mum, I may be your daughter but 2 hours ago I married Matt and well we’ve been making love and you interrupted us.” Zoe exploded, “Hazel Chase you say good bye to this…this boy now.” Hazel smiled at her Mum, “Oh mum I can assure you Matt is no boy and my name is now Hazel Dark.”

Matt was smirking while looking at Zoe, “My wife has been very honest with you but if you can’t be happy for us then don’t forget to shut the door on your way out.” 


Zoe was livid at this point, “See if I care, you’ll be divorced within a year and then you’ll come crying to your mother.” When she slammed the door, 


Hazel squealed in excitement and jumped into Matt’s arms, “She’s finally gone,” giving quick little kisses. Matt kept hold of his wife as he headed to the bedroom again, “Matt, don’t forget the champagne this time.” Matt kissed her deeply and just before shutting the door grabbed the champagne just like his wife requested.

6 comments:

  1. I think it was a little too soon, but I understand their reason to be married. I hope that the Mother does not make that one year prophecy a reality. I think she will do everything she can to make it fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand now why Hazel had so many issues. Who wouldn't with a mother like that? Glad that Matt's dad warned them that she was on her to stop the wedding. Although the wedding wasn't what they both wanted it was still beautiful! I hope for both their sakes that Zoe leaves them alone but I doubt it. She doesn't seem like the person to give up so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YAY YAY!!! I think the fact that they had a nice simple wedding was really good, sad that they couldn't do what they planned, but it was beautiful anyway :D So glad that she answered the door like that her mother, brilliant, I laughed out loud :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kinda feels like they married for the wrong reasons, just to get back at Hazel's mom and show her she couldn't stop them. Hopefully they can prove her wrong and make it last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they make it last too! Hazel's mom seems extremely controlling and I hope she doesn't succeed at breaking them apart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The look on Matt's face when Spencer tells him that the bitch is on the way is priceless!
    Yeah, awful woman! Matt, tell her where to go! "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!"
    Ugh! Controlling parents are the worst!
    happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete