Pages

Wednesday 9 July 2014

1.85 Panic


Matt had let Hazel sleep in after a long night of passion. 


He didn’t even notice Hazel come out of the room and creep up behind him and when he finally did he pulled her into an embrace, “Morning babe, sleep well?” Hazel ran her hand across his face, “I did but come back to bed.” Matt smiled at her, “I was just catching up on studying…” 


Hazel interrupted him, “We only got married yesterday,” as she tried to entice him. Matt finally pulled her close and sweetly said, “I know and I’m sorry, you are right this weekend should be about us not university.” He looked into her eyes and added, “I know it is not much of a honeymoon but…” Hazel put her fingers on his lips and replied, “The important thing is we are together. Did you tell your Uncle William you are married?”
“I spoke to him this morning and he wasn’t impressed and neither was Art but the twins are doing well. I did tell him about your Mum though,” there was a pause as Hazel got up and asked quietly, “What did he say?”
“He hit the roof that she investigated him…” 


He stopped when Hazel got up to walk away but he grabbed her and softly continued, “I know what you are thinking that I asked them to kill her but I didn’t and they won’t. However if she continues down this route if you want, they will give her a warning.” Hazel just stood there not looking at her husband, “I love her even if she is a bitch. I was hoping that she would come around and be happy for us, for me.”


Matt lifted her chin so they had eye contact, “I want that too especially if we have children because I’d love them to know all their grandparents because I never knew mine.”
“Can we talk about something else other than my mother?”
Matt kissed her and asked, “What would you like to do? Beach, breakfast, explore or anything else you can think of.” Hazel smiled at him, “Breakfast would be nice as I’ve definitely worked up an appetite.”


Matt excused himself as he needed the bathroom and while he was gone there was a knock at the door. Hazel answered it and accepted the delivery. It was a hamper and Hazel couldn’t resist trying a cake. When she heard Matt walk back in she put them away, grabbing her jacket and left the house with Matt.


They found a small place that sold food and draped themselves in each other while they ate breakfast and after explored the town. When they came to a park Hazel sat on the swing and asked, “When do we have to leave the house?” He kissed her before answering, “We have to leave in the morning; I could only afford the weekend.”
Hazel sighed, “Ok, it’s just I was hoping to spend more time with you.”


He gave her a hug and replied, “I will make it up to you I promise.” 
“You don’t have too.” 


When they got back to the house Hazel gasped in shock. “Haz, what is it?”
“I had an appointment with the doctor yesterday but I missed it because what was going on.”
“Is everything ok?”  Hazel looked worried as she said, “I was supposed to have that pill injection again.” Hazel didn’t wait for a reply as she rang the doctors. Matt watched his wife speak on the phone patiently waiting to hear what was going on and when Hazel finally put the phone down Matt asked, “What did they say?”


“They said as long as I get it within the next few days I will be fine.” Matt looked relieved, “We need a home first before we have a baby.” 


Hazel cuddled him and said, “I know we do. Where are we going to live?”
Matt look at her and said, “I love Lucky Palms but it’s not my home and before you say anything I know Dad moved to the town but I didn’t grow up there.”
Hazel was shocked, “What about Kay and Charlie?” He glanced at her, “They can visit or I can visit them, sorry I mean we but I miss being home.” 


Hazel was not sure what to say at this point and after the long silence she said, “If you still feel this way towards the end of university then we can live there.” Matt looked surprised but then smiled as he said, “Thank you. It could be I just need to visit under better circumstances, I mean after the funeral things were bad for a while between Uncle Will and me.” Hazel cupped his face as she replied, “He doesn’t hold a grudge against you and you know that. What if we visited them next holiday?” 


Matt smiled as he kissed her gently and suddenly their hands were roaming each other’s bodies as they deepened the kiss.


They were almost at the bedroom door when Hazel went limp and collapsed. Matt started to panic and dial for an ambulance. She lay there in his arms as he waited for someone to arrive. He tried to wake her and eventually she spoke, “Matt I don’t feel good.” 


He told her to stay still and that help was on it’s way. “Haz, can you tell me what is wrong so I can explain to the doctor?”

“I’m not sure…I ate the same as you. No wait when you went to the bathroom earlier there was a parcel delivery. It was a food hamper. I ate a cake from it, I was going to show you but we left to get breakfast and I forgot,” then Hazel passed out again. 


When the ambulance crew arrived Matt was in a state as he tried to explain what Hazel had told him. As one crew member took Hazel to the ambulance, the other member bagged the hamper to be tested. 


He rang Kay in tears and she told him that she would be there at the hospital soon but not before contacting the hospital to find out what was going on. Matt then got in his truck and followed them to the hospital.

13 comments:

  1. I feel like I missed an update, what pill injection, what is it supposed to do? Hazel, oh dear, I hope she's okay. Where did that hamper come from? I bet that's what made Hazel collapse like that. I wonder if her mom is responsible, maybe she meant it for Matt but Hazel ended up eating the cake instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      In the update where Hazel tried to get pregnant, after the argument between her and Matt she went on the injection form of the pill. The injection last 3 months and in some cases can stop the period. They advise to have a break once in a while so that you don't become infertile. If you took it for 2 years straight once you have stopped taking it can cause infertility for a further 2 years.

      Hopefully Hazel will be ok! Hazel's Mum doing this, it could be but to hurt her daughter, that would be bad. It might have been meant for Matt.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. So her Mom is trying to kill her now? It's not coincidental that she gets ill after eating from a basket and after her mother came on threatening. I hope she will be ok. I am also thinking that the injection will be forgotten and there will be a new baby soon. heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      I hope Hazel is ok too but you could be right that dear old Mum is behind all this. A new baby??? Well I suppose it depends on if Hazel remembers the injection or not but I would imagine its the last thing on their mind at the moment but time will tell.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I too have a very strong feeling that is was from dear old mom, and it was meant for Matt as well. She is either trying to end him or trying to set him up to make him look like ....well she's an evil evil woman in my book. I bet she's Elvira....lol. Sorry, I'm thinking about the other part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinky,

      Everyone is thinking of 'dear old Mum' lol Set him up, I hope not Hazel would be devastated. Elvira lmao, yes definitely different story there but maybe they exchanged tips lol.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I hope Hazel is ok and I hope it wasn't her mother who sent the food hamper. I just think it would be awful for Hazel to know her mother had tried to kill her or Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dandy,

      Everyone wants Hazel to be ok and yes Hazel would be devasted that her Mum could do that to her or Matt. Let's hope it's not Mum

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Darn I knew she shouldn't have eaten what was in the hamper....I hope that she will be ok and that they find out who sent it....I suspect her mother....I hope the injection is forgotten and a baby is on the way....I can't help but hope something awful will happen to her mother....the woman is pure evil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ksmomma,

      Yes Hazel shouldn't have eaten anything from the hamper but she did :( Pill injection forgotten lol, everyone wants a baby now. Will anything happen to her Mum, I don't know yet but maybe they will be lucky

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  6. Took me a minute to figure out what a hamper was. To, me, it's where you put dirty clothes. :)

    Yep. Probably sent by dear old mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mypalsim,

      LOL we call food boxes food hampers here in the uk but yes it could be the mum.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  7. For a second i also thought "why would she eat something out of the dirty clothes??" lol funny how things mean something different between US and UK =)
    Now back to this update... I hope Hazel is ok!! I know if it was her mom sending something bad it wasn't meant for her... it was meant for Matt!

    ReplyDelete