Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

1.87 In hiding




When Mathew and Hazel arrived at the house they found Estevan waiting on the steps. “How was the journey?” 



Matt hugged his uncle and replied, “So glad you are here and the drive was ok.” Hazel looked at Estevan as he opened the door to the house waiting for the lecture but was surprised when he said, “Congratulations on getting married.” Hazel smiled and said, “Thank you for doing this…”



Estevan sat down and was quickly followed by Matt and Hazel, “How are you feeling Hazel?”
“I’m just in shock that my Mum would do this to us.” Estevan looked at her and said, “Hopefully she will get the help she needs.” Matt still worried about his wife’s safety asked, “Will she go down for this?” Estevan was never one to sugar coat anything for Matt and answered, “She could still get away with this after all they are still relying on Hazel to press charges.” Hazel clasped her hands together and said, “What if I’ve changed my mind, maybe I don’t want too.” 



Matt went to say something but Estevan stopped him and talked to Hazel instead. “Hazel, do you love Mathew?” She looked at him and responded, “With all my heart but why would you ask?”
“My mother hated anyone I wanted to date and when I wanted to marry my first wife she hit the roof. We argued so much that in the end I cut her from my life. I will admit she never tried to kill Holly but if she had then I would have pressed charges.”



“But don’t you talk to her now?” Estevan paused for a moment and said, “When she first turned up after many years, I wasn’t happy to see her, believe me and it took her a long time to mend the bridges between us. Zoe wants Mathew dead because she wants him out of your life and I know you will always love your mother but I’m afraid to say that you will have to choose.” 



Hazel looked at the floor and with a sigh she replied, “You are right I do love my Mum but Matt is my husband so I will press charges and hopefully one day she can be in my life if she gets better. I’m really sorry for all this.”
“Hazel you have nothing to be sorry about; it is your mother that needs to be sorry. Now I’ve left money for you, there is food in the fridge. I’ve also sorted out about your university placements so don’t worry about that.” 



Matt was looking out the window when Estevan noticed and went over to him, “Your parents are angry but not at you but at Zoe. Your mum is upset because she said that you two had grown closer and now she feels heartbroken but she is glad you are safe.”
“I miss them all but we have no choice do we?” 



Estevan looked out the window with Matt and replied, “Not if you and Hazel want to stay alive but I will make sure that nothing happens to either of you.” Matt looked at him, “Thanks Uncle Estevan I really appreciate this,” then he hugged him.
“I’d love to stay and chat but I have to get back home as I’m sure Nathan is running Dawn ragged. If I were you too I’d take this opportunity to have a little honeymoon.”



After Matt closed the door behind Estevan he looked at Hazel and said, “He is right we should take advantage.” Hazel smiled as she went to make a drink, Matt came up behind her wrapping his arms around her, “I know you are upset but let’s concentrate on us and have fun.” 



Hazel rested her hand on his and replied, “Ok.” Suddenly she felt his hands roam her body and she couldn’t help but bite her lip. She tilted her head back as Matt planted kisses on her neck and he whispered in her ear, “How are you feeling now?” Hazel was trying to catch her breath and managed to say, “Relaxed…” 



She forgot about her drink as Matt turned her around to face him, “Any ideas about how to stay relaxed?” Hazel knew exactly what her husband was after but the more he teased her the more she wanted him. However she was trying to stay in control, “I have a few ideas, a bit of sunbathing, swimming…” Matt was trying to get Hazel to cave and the more she talked the softer the kisses became then he said in a whisper, “Skinny dipping sounds fun.”
Hazel closed her eyes trying to stay focused but Matt was getting to her and she didn’t know much more she could take, “I never said skinny dipping.”
“But you mentioned the pool,” as he kept up the intensity. 



Hazel wanted to answer but she couldn’t because her body had grown weak to his touches and she started to remove Matt’s clothes. They were making their way to the back door to head for the pool but they never made it that far as they collapsed in each other arms where they stood. 



After they had explored each other Hazel asked looking into his eyes, “Will it always be like this?” He smiled sweetly at her, “I hope so.” Hazel planted a kiss on his cheek when they heard a knock at the door and Hazel jumped, “Oh no, my mum is here. They let her go, see not even your uncle can protect us.” 



Matt held her and calmly said, “It’s not going to be her. Now go upstairs while I answer the door.”
Matt answered the door accepting the parcel when the postman said it was for Estevan. 



He put it to one side and called his uncle. “There is a parcel here for you.”
“The parcel is your university work; sorry I forgot to mention that. You and Hazel are still registered but when they post anything it will be address to me. They will ring me to let me know it has been posted then I will let you know. If you don’t hear from me do not open anything.”
“Understand but what if…” 



Estevan sighed and said, “Remember I can read minds and if they are lying to me then I will know.” After they ended their conversation, Matt called Hazel down and while he hugged her said, “I told you not to worry; Zoe is out of our lives for a long time.”


Zoe yelled, “No excuses, I want him dead and my daughter home with me.”

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! When will her mum just give up and let her be happy!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she is going to, that is until someone is dead.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy.... Does Zoe know what she's getting herself into? She is so possessive and such a wicked person. Matthew has his family behind him. I don't think that Zoe will be prepared for that. Hazel is really making a tough decision by pressing charges. Her mother tried to kill someone though. I would think that the police wouldn't have any issue taking her into custody whether someone was pressing charges or not :( .... I hope that Matthew comes out ok from this mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the hell....Zoe needs to get over this or be locked up she is insane! I really hope Hazel and Matthew are in a safe,secret location. They need to have time to enjoy their honeymoon w/out Zoe or anyone else disrupting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was sweet.

    now... WHAT THE #$%$^!
    How did that bitch get outta jail?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don!t understand Zoe's thinking. What is she hoping to achieve by organizing a hit on Matt? Does she think after Matt dies Hazel will run back to her and they can be one big happy family? The woman belongs in a nuthouse, not a prison. Psycho mom! Oh and
    I thought she's broke, where does she get the money to hire a hitman?

    ReplyDelete